When it feels like your world is falling apart, God is still there, listening to you, and leading your life with love according to a great plan. Even when we don’t realize it.
Take this testimony from a former atheist who accepted Jesus Christ in college.
Before entering college, he went to church. But unable to find meaning there, he and his family stopped attending when he was age 10.
Fast-forward to his college years. One fateful night in his dorm room when he was feeling depressed, something let him to pray something like “God if you are real, then today would be a good day to show me.”
That same night, he got lost driving somewhere and he accidentally drove right into a wooden post – which turned out to be a cross.
Dazed, but unharmed, he drove on. After getting lost again, he pulled into a parking lot to study his map again…only to find himself underneath a huge wooden cross again. This time, he was moved by a strange impression that God was speaking to him. Not only that, but God told him that he cared for him – something Dan says he could never have dreamed up.
He began seeking God the best way he knew how: by enrolling in a college course in religion. He found that the only place that could answer his questions about what had happen that night in the car was the Bible. Since he gave his life to Jesus Christ, he has been free from the former feelings of meaninglessness and hopelessness that plagued him in the past.
When everything around you says otherwise, read and these Bible verses and recall them to mind to help you fight depression and win. Every time.
God is always with you
- Deuteronomy 31:8 … It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
- Deuteronomy 32:10: In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye.
- Deuteronomy 33:27a The Eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
- Psalm 3:3 But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
- Psalms 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
- Psalm 34:18-19 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
- Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Cry out to Him
- Psalms 3:3 But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
- Psalm 31:22,24
- In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from your sight!” Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help. …Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.
- Psalms 32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
- Psalms 37:3-4 Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Psalms 42:11 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
- Psalm 143:7-9 Answer me quickly, LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Rescue me from my enemies, LORD, for I hide myself in you.
- Psalm 145:14 The LORD upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
God has a good plan for your life. Be patient, and wait on the Lord.
- 2 Samuel 22:29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.
- Psalm 9:9-10
- The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
- Psalms 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.
- Ecclesiastes 9:4a Anyone who is among the living has hope…
- Isaiah 40:31 …but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
- Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
- 1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.