Press the button
if you liked the video! Thank you!
Parsha in 60 Seconds Presents Yitro
Shalom and welcome to the Parsha in 60 seconds
Today’s portion is from Exodus 18:1–20:23 it is called Yitro which means “Jethro” who was Moses Father-in-law
Moses and JethroMoses’ was visited by Jethro his father-in-law. While Moses was dealing with all the problems of the people Jethro suggested making known the law and appointing leaders to judge the people. Moses agreed and Jethro went home.
Moses went up Mount Sinai and met with God. God would made a covenant with all the Israelites in three days.
Three days later. Mount Sinai was smokey, quaking, and loud, as God spoke in thunder. God came down on the top of Mount Sinai, and called Moses up. Anyone else who touched the mountain would die.
(1) “I the Lord am your God.”
(2) “You shall have no other gods besides Me…”
(3) “You shall not use my name as a swear word”
(4) “Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.”
(5) “Honor your father and mother.”
(6) “You shall not murder.”
(7) “You shall not commit adultery.”
(8) “You shall not steal.”
(9) “You shall not bear false witness.”
(10) “You shall not covet”
The people were afraid of God’s voice and asked Moses to speak for God. God told Moses more detailed laws.
And that is Yitro in 60 seconds.